Thursday, November 14, 2013

Encouraged

Yesterday we went down to Seattle for our biometrics that we needed to get done for our citizenship. Before that 12:00 app, we went to the Bethany office in Seattle to talk to Amy about all of our concerns and questions. We spent just over an hour with her and she was able to answer all of our questions. She told us about the special focus children and some of the medical conditions. She talked about all the different steps we needed to take. She gave us an estimated time line. We really liked her and felt comfortable  with her right away. Which is good since she will be the one doing our home study. We asked if there was anything we could do now while we waited for our citizenship. We are able to do some training now, which is nice. Feels good to know we can do something while we wait. We left feeling very excited about it all and ready to get things moving.

While we were driving we talked about our meeting and our excitement about going to China to bring our child home. Was she already born? What would be good names, where would she sleep? All those things that make it all so real. We need to prepare ourselves for a very busy 2014, with lots of paperwork and home studies.  And possibly going to China in 2015, which seems impossibly far away but not really. Would we take the boys with us to China? Could we bear to leave them for that long? Wouldn't it be a good experience for them? How would we handle the time change? Why am I thinking about these things now??? One step at a time. First is training. We will register for that and work on it. I have no idea what to expect. I feel like I've already read all the books about adopting and adopting from China. Watched every documentary about adopting from China. I am sure there is still more to learn. I don't feel like we are going into this blind or naive as to what is all involved and how hard and daunting it will be at times. That all kinda freaks me out. One day at a time and lots of prayer!! He will provide!! Of that we must be certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment