Monday, January 12, 2015

Go, go, go!

Friday I was able to send off Anna's care package. Thanks to Fred Meyer, I only had to pay .15 cents for the brown wrapping paper. I save them thinking that maybe next time I go shopping I will remember to bring the paper bags. Do you think I do?? Nope, I haven't remembered once yet. Oh well, turns out I needed them to wrap shoe boxes. I wish I had taken a picture of my beautiful wrapping job, you'll just have to imagine it. So I warned Ryan ahead of time that I was pretty sure I went over the 4lb limit. :0  Even at the post office, the clerk picked up the box to weigh it and mmmmm 'd at me with her eyebrows raised and I told her to break the news to me gently how much it would be. Then she gasped and said you are .5 an ounce under 4lbs!!  YEAH!!  Now I can spend all the money I saved on another care package for her. :)

When I came home from the post office I hunkered down to do my autobiography. 22 pages of personal questions. Not easy, let me tell you. I may or may not have broke down and cried once or twice doing it. I worked on mine all Friday afternoon, and we both worked on it all day Sat. I finished mine in the afternoon, and Ryan finished his late that night. Very mentally draining. Happy we are done! Sent those off this morning, along with copies of our Birth Certificates, Marriage Cert, passports, drivers license, and our naturalization certificates.

Tomorrow, both me and Ryan have our Fieldprint appointments. (FBI background checks) It's at the UPS in Bellingham. Thursday I have my physical, Ryan's is next week.

I do love checking things off the list of things to do that goes on and on and on and on. :) ( 3 pages people!!)

Here is a picture of all the paperwork we have to go through. This of course does not include what we've already sent away. Each pile is from 15-44 pages.


And we do it all for her: 



We are motivated because we know she is waiting. 

Joel had a dream recently that she was home and she was really cute and chubby. His words! I can't wait. 



1 comment:

  1. So much paperwork. Never ending. I also LOVED checking off the master list what we had completed... feels good to see things get done.
    Marcia W

    ReplyDelete