Saturday, June 13, 2015

Hip Hip Hooray!!!




Yesterday was a very exciting day for us!!! We got DTC!! Which stands for Dossier To China. So everything we have been working on since January, including the home study report, is all in a big red envelope and is on it's way to CHINA!! All of our hard work has been completed, it has been reviewed by our agency and now has to be approved by China. Hard to believe we are this far. Even though it still feels so long until we travel, I see how quick the past 6 months has gone and I know the next 6 months will go just as fast. And we will be on a plane before we know it, the Lord willing! To think that Anna will be here this Christmas just makes me so thankful and a little emotional. 

In the past six months we have gotten two new neighbors, one behind us and one around the corner from us. We have recently met the family behind us. They have a little girl who is one month older than Anna. This little girl is half Asian. I couldn't believe it myself!! What are the chances?? Of course we know there are no chances in life, we see God's hand in all things, big and small. I remember when last fall, Dylan had hurt himself in the backyard and I heard him crying from inside, so I went out there and there looking between our trees was an elderly Chinese couple and they were trying to see if Dylan was okay. When I got outside they waved and smiled at me and said something in Chinese, and I waved and smiled back and just said, "He's okay" Even though I didn't understand what they were saying I just assumed that was why they were looking through the trees. So I'm guessing that that was the wife's parents looking at the house with them before they bought it. It's a small world. Well now, if Dylan can't learn Chinese for us,  we now have neighbors that might be able to help us out with Anna. :) 

In other news, the last day of school was yesterday! We are all looking forward to a nice summer! And since this will be the longest wait in the adoption process, we can just enjoy it. Our last summer as a family of five. 







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That's so awesome!!! We pray that the day you see her comes quickly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Wow - we are praising God for blessing this journey thus far. We pray for continued blessings in the months ahead.

    ReplyDelete