Well so far summer has been pretty great! Loving the nice weather and the boys are outside with their friends all.the.time. It's great! Except when all these boys come in the house all sweaty and stinky needing drinks and snacks. I tell them they can stay outside and I'll bring it out to them. :) They think I'm being nice but I have other motives.
I've joined some really great groups on facebook that have provided me with so much information it's unbelievable. (about adopting ) I'm learning a lot about different medical conditions. I've even talked to a few specialists for info, and so far I have to say I am impressed with their help. Just today I talked to a Dr. at Seattle Children's hospital, when I first called he was with a patient so I gave my number not really expecting a phone call back but sure enough he called back and was so great!! I can tell he must be great with kids. Hence him working at the Children's Hospital. That compared to my family Dr's nurse who when I asked her if I had any questions about certain medical conditions could I call, she gave me a weird look and told me to just look it up on the computer. Nice!! I should have just asked him myself because he said anytime I could call and he would be happy to help. :)
So I am sure I still have a lot to learn and it is so nice when I do have questions I can ask my facebook group and someone usually has an answer (sometimes there are tons of responses too!!)
So from these groups I also am thinking that we will be waiting for at least a year yet. Anything sooner I would be surprised. We know when it does happen it will be the perfect time because it will be God's timing. We trust that it will all be worth the wait! I just find it amazing how fast time does go, so I really don't think the wait will be too bad. (might be singing a different tune down the road) Will try to post now and then......so don't go anywhere. :)
Nice to read an update!! I am very impressed with the doctor that you called - good for you for being pro-active!!! Still praying for you guys and even though we don't always ask we are thinking about you - you know.
ReplyDeletelots of hugs!!!!