Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What's in a name?

Introducing Anna Li Mei Vandriel!!! 

We have given her a name! We think it suits her and it's a name we love and agree on. yeah!! Anna means favor and grace. Li (which is her Chinese name) means beautiful. Mei also means beautiful. Hopefully she will know that she IS beautiful. That her birthmark will not define her. That it's what is on the inside that counts and matters. We pray others will see that also, because we certainly live in a world that is focused mainly on outward appearances. We pray we are given the wisdom to help her know that! 

We were really struggling with a name. There were three names that we both really liked and we just couldn't figure out which one to pick. Well yesterday I was on the phone with a friend and we were discussing how hard waiting is. We had to wait for her file (it was brutal!!), now we have to wait to go get her! Lots of waiting and trusting. And waiting also means a lesson in patience! (I've learned that I need a good lesson in this as I'm not very good at it) Well she then mentioned that on Sunday they had a sermon about waiting. Anna the prophet was mentioned and how she had waited her whole life for Jesus to come. And how now we are waiting also for Jesus to return. How she spent her time while she waited......so that conversation was what sealed her name. Our Anna is waiting.....we are waiting......and ultimatly we are waiting for Jesus return and how are we spending our time while we are waiting for this? 

So Anna it is. And it just fits her. I know I said I would share her picture but part of me just wants to wait on that. It's my fear creeping in. Fear that something will happen and this will all fall apart. I won't believe this is real until she is home. I am scared and I know I need to trust and give it over to God, and I do that, but then it creeps in again. I have peace one minute and panic the next. We've lost a lot, I'm scared to lose her too. But this time it wouldn't be us that would be affected as much as she would be. It would mean more waiting for her, longer an orphan for her, would she even get adopted, what if a non Christian family adopted her? See what I mean? Fear.....
I know God has a plan and I need to trust Him and trust that. 

So here she is......


She is in need of a new hairdo. :)  we think she's pretty cute!!!




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name and the story behind it. We will pray that God will make all things work out for His glory. All the best you guys on this journey. Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and perfect name. She is so so cute! What a journey this is!! Praying for you guys....and hoping to send out the paper work tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She's beautiful - look at that smile! Many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete