Tuesday, November 17, 2015

How's it going?

That is a question we get asked a lot, so I thought I should do an update to let you all know how it's going so far. I must say we are quite surprised how well it IS going. Anna is adjusting pretty good as far as we can tell. 


She fits right in here too! She is right in there with the boys. She can be quite the card and they just love her to bits. 




Introducing her to the fine things of life, movies and chips. 


Learning how much fun playdo is! 


Exploring the City Park for the first time




He's such a good big brother 



She was a little hesitant, but she did it and loved it. 


Can you say bed hog?? 


One afternoon I was talking on the phone and she climbed on my lap. She had her feet up by my chin. I guess she got tired and rested her head on her feet and then fell asleep like that. How could that possibly be comfortable?? 


Anna gets very excited when it's time to pick up the boys. She has to put her backpack on (she also has to put it on when dropping them off) 


The sad thing is, this girl can not stay awake in the van to see them. It's a five minute drive to school and she's asleep by the time we get there. 


She loves bath time! She's gone from not knowing what to do in a bathtub (even scared to sit down) to loving every minute of it. 


She does not like to be cold. Wind especially is not her friend. 



We've been putting Dylan and Anna to bed together in our bed at night and then moving them when we go to bed. They both love it. She loves snuggling up to him and he loves singing to her. It's so cute and precious. We laughed quite hard while taking these pictures because what you don't hear is her heavy breathing and loud snoring onto his face.



She's very good at pretend play which is a great thing! 


This was yesterday on the way to Bellingham 


And this was on the way home to pick up the boys. Costco receipt still tightly being held in her hand. 

I must say it is harder to blog being home. Just not much time to get it done or there is something else to do. I write a lot of blog posts in my head when I'm driving. I guess that doesn't really do any good though. 

We are having baptism this Sunday morning. What a blessing!! We can't imagine life without Anna. God choose her before we even knew who she was. He knew all along that we were the family for her. I shudder to think about the What Ifs. What if we had listened to our fears and doubts? We look at her every night and we can't believe she is here. She is safe, she is loved, she is chosen. Our lives were not brought together by fate or good fortune and luck, but by God who takes the broken and turns it into something beautiful.  That's it, that's all. 



 





















2 comments:

  1. Yay...you updated! Love this picture of her in her bathrobe! What a cutie! Also love the one sleeping with Dylan....it must just melt your heart to hear him singing to her. So sweet!!! I feel like shes been apart of your family forever....she fits right in!! So much to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete