No more
One more
Out
Hungry
God
Pray
Amen
Please
Thank you (she just replaced this with Shayshay, Mandarin thank you)
Milk (sounds like mo)
Book
Good Morning
Good Night
Strong
Baby
iPad (gasp!!!)
Upstairs (sounds like apple)
Kay
Hello
Goodbye
Church
Go
Cry
Owie
Tears
Sad
She repeats a lot now, so I'm sure it won't be long till the English will replace all the Mandarin. Though it is extremely cute to hear her go on and on in Mandarin.
Maybe we need to take her to the eye Dr next?? Ha!
Don't worry, they are educational games. One is a language learning one. First says the word in Mandarin, then in English.
Some things about Anna:
We are so thankful she has attached so well, however she has become somewhat possessive of me. She doesn't like anyone to sit too close beside me. She starts to get upset if I show any affection to anyone else. Once after dinner I put Dylan on my lap and oh how she cried! She didn't stop till he was off and she was on my lap. I'm the one that has to buckle/unbuckle her, put her shoes on, put her to bed, pick her up in the morning. Well....you get the idea. We are working on it. I tell her that I love everyone, that I'm the boys Mama too. She shakes her head and says No! Anna (as she pats her chest) Mama. She has to learn what a family is.
She is still a great sleeper! Though, two nights ago, we woke up to the softest, saddest cry you've ever heard. It was so heartbreaking.
She listens well to no touch. Kay, she'll say.
She wants whatever someone else is eating. The boys pack their lunches in the morning and while I'm making their sandwiches she says Anna! She also wants all the snacks she sees them packing. I have to tell her, Later Anna, over and over. She likes to try everything (except veggies) but likes only some of it. If someone comes to the table with cereal and shes having a yogurt, she won't eat any more yogurt because now she wants Cheerios. Same thing when the boys come home, they all grab different things to eat, she wants it all. Only to not like it. Haha!! She loves noodles!! She will inhale a whole bowl full and then ask for more. She wakes up and says "hungry" while rubbing her tummy. I'll get her breakfast, she'll eat 2 bites and then she's all done. She hardly drinks at all. She'll tell me she's thirsty, I'll pour her half a cup of what she wants, she'll take one sip and then she's "all done" she's not had one accident since we've gotten her!
She loves to go for a walk in the stroller but just like her car seat will fall asleep pretty quick.
She's a loud sleeper! If you've sat near in church when she's fallen asleep you know what I'm talking about.
Now for some random fun pictures:
Dylan showing Anna how to do a puzzle
Joel's amazing drawing that is almost finished. All free hand with pen
Book character day. Dylan is Superman and Tyler is The Hobbit.
Anna had to dress up too, though it's on backwards.
All ready for church
Anna loved the lighted parade in Lynden
Did I mention she's a bed hog?? When I put her to bed she was lying straight and under the covers. Crazy girl!



















Spectacular update Michelle! These are terrific to read! Thanks for sending these out
ReplyDeleteLove the updates, Michelle! What blessing to have Anna home for Christmas - an answer to prayer. It must melt your heart to see the boys with her.
ReplyDeleteI think I also heard her say "shoe" on Sunday :). So amazing to see her learning english so quickly!
Lisa :)
Love the pictures, Michelle!! Your boys have such big hearts. Praying that things continue to go well, and that Anna begins to "loosen her grip" on you, allowing you to breathe every now and again :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing updates! Got some snow pics coming soon?!! :) Brenda XX
ReplyDelete