Well.....some exciting developments for us have been happening. We have switched agencies and we are officially on a waiting list to be matched with an orphan from China! Crazy I know! I think it's still sinking in for us.....though I did have two nights of insomnia this week so maybe it is a little for me. :) So let me back up a couple of weeks......after our dissappointment we (mostly me) needed a break from it all. I was resorting myself to the fact that this just wasn't going to happen for us and I needed to just accept that. Ryan on the other hand had no such thoughts. He just kept saying, "Michelle, it WILL happen, we WILL adopt, we just have to find an agency that can help us and work around our situation". I told him that I didn't want to talk about it. :) He agreed to take a breather and he suggested that we revisit and talk about it April 1. I agreed.
But I couldn't quite stay away......I slowly started going back to the blogs I've been reading and checking out the forum for parents who are adopting or who have adopted from China. I thought it wouldn't hurt if I just threw out a question in this forum. So I did, saying our story and could anyone suggest a agency that could help us out. I got three private replies (you are not allowed to say agency names on the public site), and they all suggested CCAI. One reply was even from someone who has epilepsy that is controlled by medication, just like me. She adopted a child from China in 2012 with no problems using CCAI. So then I started looking into this agency and getting more information about them. They seemed really good and respectable and everywhere I went (on the web) I read only good reviews. So I went one step further, I called them and talked to one lady and she told me another person would be better to talk to but in the meantime I could go on their website and fill out the family info page as well as the Medical Conditions Checklist (this is where you check off all the medial conditions you are willing to consider) So I did that. It was pretty easy since we had already done the medical checklist before so I just took that one and used it.
I then got in touch with Hillary who deals with applications and talked to her for a good hour. She gave me tons of info and answered lots of questions. She didn't think my eplilepsy would pose a problem at all. She said that when I get my Dr. note to ask my Dr. to put seizure disorder instead of epilepsy. Apparently epilepsy translated in Chinese does not sound very good, but seizure disorder is much less scary. Go figure. We will also be doing the adoption a bit different, we are going to be matched first (with a child) and then we will start all our paperwork. So from the time we get matched to the time we travel will be about a year. Which I know will be really hard, to have your child but not be able to go there for a year?? It will be a looong year I think. But we won't be sitting around doing nothing so that will help pass the time.
So as of March 11, 2014 we have officially been in line to get matched with our child. AHHHH!!!! We could get the call tomorrow, or it could be months, even a year. We just don't know. So, so much for waiting for April 1. :) haha! Ryan was right, it is working out.
No comments:
Post a Comment