Thursday, October 29, 2015

Our new normal. (Or maybe our new crazy😄)

It's  hard to believe we've been home almost a week. It felt so good to get home, yet strangely enough Ryan and I are both missing the whole experience of being in China. Our stories now are not quite as exciting. Well, at least not to others. 

We were warmly greeted at Seattle airport by Cason and Helena who were there with their kids to pick us up. Anna reacted very well to them, big smiles and high fives. It was all good till the dreaded car seat. No more sitting on mamas lap in the car. She was not liking being strapped in and I don't blame her. She cried till she fell asleep. We came home to a wonderful welcome. Family and friends to greet us and meet Anna, who now had just woken up so she was not too responsive. We feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Living along, helping out and the encouraging words, oh how they mean the world to us! After all the company was gone, there were gifts, flowers, baking, and soup in the fridge. All without a card. I don't know who all gifted these wonderful things to us, so if it was you, we thank you!! Another thing we came home to was a decorated room for Anna (and Dylan) done by our two nieces Jaymie and Julia. I LOVE it!! 








They did an amazing job! Anna loves it too! She goes in there and sits on the bed and pats her chest. Basically saying this is mine. The past couple of nights her and I have been sleeping on the couch because apparently I look like a big pillow to her and she only wanted to sleep ON me. 


Tonight as I write this she is sleeping in her own bed with Dylan beside her. Tyler is in the other bed. I was putting Dylan to bed, Ryan was out and Anna was looking for me (I always have to be in her line of vision) so she came in and hopped on the bed. I said "Anna go to bed too?" She said in a sweet soft voice "Kay" I tucked her in beside Dylan fully expecting this to not last very long. But she was very content there, and Dylan sang "You are the Shephard" to her. He kissed her, said he loved her and before I knew it she was asleep!! No crying hard or screaming and kicking. Just the security of a loving brother. I'm not really expecting this to last the whole night, we shall see! Everyday is a little better with her. She is getting to be more at home and she LOVES the boys. And they love her too. They fight over her. Haha! 


Hanging with the big bro while the others were already in bed. 



Kisses for mama



Anna has been doing really well!! We learn new things about her every day. But it's late and I'm going to have to talk about that next time. :) 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the new blog entry. What a delight to see Anna so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing another update! What a cozy home to be a part of. Crazy? Apparently normal is some buddy (or buddies) you know real well... It's real with so much love to go around! Keep on Keeping on! Brenda XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dylan...can he get anymore sweet? "You are the shepherd" is the cutest song. How fitting! She is one blessed little girl to have so much lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...and love the room!!! I need them to come to my house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE the bedroom! I love how they thought of getting some pictures printed for the room. It all looks great. And we are so thankful to see how smiley she is. Hard to believe that it hasn't even been three weeks yet since you've met her! Love to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to read that all is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update! She looks so happy & fun. "You are my Shepherd" is perfect for her. That song gets me every time :).

    ReplyDelete